Sunday, March 1, 2015
Saturday, February 28, 2015
BRING HOME DISNEY’S
INTO THE WOODS
ON BLU-RAY™ COMBO PACK, DIGITAL HD AND
DISNEY MOVIES ANYWHERE (DMA) ON
Includes An Exclusive, Never-Before-Seen Original Song
“She’ll Be Back” Performance by Meryl Streep
with Music By Stephen Sondheim and Lyrics by James Lapine
From the director of “Chicago” and the producer of “Wicked” comes a modern twist on the beloved fairy tales you thought you knew. Academy Award®-Winning actress Meryl Streep (Best Actress, The Iron Lady), leads an all-star cast in this enchanted adventure about daring to venture Into The Woods.
Iconic characters, such as Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk and Rapunzel, find their fates intertwined with a humble baker and his wife, whose longing to have a child sends them on a quest to reverse a witch’s (Streep) curse. With an all-star cast, this spellbinding adventure is everything you could ever wish for!
Meryl Streep as the Witch (The Devil Wears Prada, August: Osage County), Johnny Depp as the Wolf (The Lone Ranger, Sweeney Todd), Emily Blunt as the Baker’s Wife (Edge of Tomorrow, The Devil Wears Prada), James Corden as the Baker (Broadway’s One Man, Two Guvnors, The Three Musketeers, Gavin & Stacey), Anna Kendrick as Cinderella (Pitch Perfect, Up in the Air), Chris Pine as Cinderella’s Prince (Star Trek Into Darkness, Jack Ryan), Lilla Crawford as Little Red Riding Hood (Broadway’s Annie), Daniel Huttlestone as Jack (Les Misérables), MacKenzie Mauzy as Rapunzel (Brother’s Keeper, Broadway’s Next to Normal)
Marc Platt (Wicked), Rob Marshall (Academy Award®-winning musical Chicago), John DeLuca (Nine), Callum McDougall (Wicked)
Rob Marshall (Chicago, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides)
Stephen Sondheim ( in the Park with George)
SCREENPLAY & James Lapine (Passion)
RELEASE DATES: March 24th, 2015
Digital HD/SD, Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA), Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD
Digital HD/SD*, Blu-ray Combo Pack & Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA)
· Never-Before-Seen Sondheim Original Song: “She’ll Be Back”
Meryl Streep performs a compelling new song that sheds a little more light on the Witch’s relationship with Rapunzel. This never-before-
seen composition was penned especially for this movie by Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine, and is seen here exclusively on Blu-ray and EHV. With introduction by Director Rob Marshall.
· There’s Something About The Woods
Journey into this mysterious forest to discover how this compelling, new musical was made. Meet Director Rob Marshall and his award-winning team of artists and craftspeople, see how the woods were brought to life…and what they represent to the story...and to all of us.
· The Cast As Good As Gold
Emily Blunt. Anna Kendrick. Chris Pine. James Corden. Johnny Depp. Meryl Streep. Meet the remarkable cast of this musical movie, and hear of their affinity for this Broadway classic.
· Deeper Into The Woods
Journey even further into the development of the film in these 4 segments
o From Stage To Screen
o Magic of the Woods
o Designing the Woods
o The Costumes of the Woods
· Filmmaker Commentary
Film commentary with Director Rob Marshall and Producer John DeLuca.
· Music & Lyrics
Get direct access to the musical song segments from the film, with optional sing-along lyrics.
· 5 Golden Eggs (Easter Eggs)
*Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer
· Deeper Into The Woods
o Magic of the Woods
FEATURE RUN TIME: Approximately 125 min.
Feature Film: PG in U.S.; PG in CE; G in CF
ASPECT RATIO: Blu-ray Feature Film = 1080p High Definition / 2.39:1
Blu-ray = 7.1 DTS
LANGUAGES: English, French & Spanish
English SDH, French & Spanish
SOCIAL MEDIA: Facebook: www.facebook.com/
Twitter: www.twitter.com/IntoTheWoods @IntoTheWoods
YouTube: Disney Movies Anywhere Channel
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+
ABOUT DISNEY MOVIES ANYWHERE (DMA):
Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA) is an engaging and family-friendly cloud-based digital movie service that makes it simple to buy your favorite Disney, Pixar and Marvel movies once and watch them anywhere. With DMA you can explore Disney’s library of over 400 eligible digital movies, discover hours of new and exclusive short-form content, and watch your digital movies from the comfort of the living room or across multiple mobile devices. In addition, you can redeem Digital Copy codes found in Disney, Pixar and Marvel Blu-rays and DVDs, as well as earn Disney Movie Rewards points with every digital purchase. Sign up and access Disney Movies Anywhere for free on DisneyMoviesAnywhere.com an
d through the Disney Movies Anywhere iOS and Android apps. Users can then simply connect their iTunes, Google Play and/or VUDU at VUDU.com/DMA accounts to begin enjoying their Disney, Pixar, and Marvel digital movie collections across platforms and devices.
ABOUT THE WALT DISNEY STUDIOS:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today, the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios; Disneynature; Marvel Studios; Lucasfilm; and Touchstone Pictures, the banner under which live-action films from DreamWorks Studios are distributed. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!.
Friday, February 27, 2015
Every registered participant gets a free Easter basket and chances to win prizes at iPlay America’s second annual “Sonny the Bunny’s Colossal Carrot Adventure,” a fun-filled morning offing FREE activities and prizes from .
Registration link: iplayamerica.com/Easter
Limited availability, so get registered today if you plan to attend!
The highly-anticipated follow-up short to the global phenomenon FROZEN can be seen exclusively in theaters with Disney’s new live-action CINDERELLA, starring Lily James and Academy Award-winner Cate Blanchett, on March 13!
U.S. Release Date: , in front of “Cinderella”
Voice Talent: Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Jonathan Groff, Josh Gad
Chris Buck, Jennifer Lee
Peter Del Vecho, Aimee Scribner
In “Frozen Fever,” it's Anna's birthday and Elsa and Kristoff are determined to give her the best celebration ever, but when Elsa catches a cold, her powers may put more than just the party at risk.
· Walt Disney Animation Studios’ 2013 feature film “Frozen” won two Academy Awards® (best animated film and best original song with “Let It Go”) and a Golden Globe® (best animated feature film). It is the fifth highest grossing film of all time and the highest grossing animated film earning more than $1.27 billion globally. Released wide domestically on Nov. 27, 2013, “Frozen” posted the No. 1 industry all-time Thanksgiving debut and Walt Disney Animation Studios’ biggest opening ever. The digital and Blu-ray/DVD release was one of the biggest home-entertainment successes of the last decade.
· Director Chris Buck (“Frozen”) helmed the 1999 Disney classic “Tarzan” (with Kevin Lima) as well as the 2007 Oscar®-nominated “Surf’s Up” (with Ash Brannon). His animation credits also include 1989’s “The Little Mermaid,” “The Rescuers Down Under” (1990) and “Pocahontas” (1995).
· Director Jennifer Lee (“Frozen”) is one of the screenplay writers of 2012’s arcade-hopping comedy adventure “Wreck-It Ralph.” Her screen adaptation of John Steinbeck’s “The Acts of King Arthur and His Noble Knights” is being produced by Troika Pictures. She has an original screenplay in development with Leonardo DiCaprio's Appian Way, and her original script “Lucid Dreams” was optioned by Wolfgang Peterson's Radiant Productions.
· Producer Peter Del Vecho’s (“Frozen”) credits as producer include 2011’s “Winnie the Pooh” and 2009’s “The Princess and the Frog.” He served as associate producer for “Chicken Little” and “Treasure Planet.”
· Producer Aimee Scribner served as associate producer for Disney’s Oscar®-winning “Frozen” and 2011’s “Tangled.” She produced the 2012 short “Tangled Ever After.”
· Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez wrote the original songs for “Frozen,” including the Oscar®-winning song “Let It Go.” The “Frozen” soundtrack is Billboard’s top-selling album of 2014 and spent 33 weeks in the top 5 on the Billboard 200 chart, including 13 weeks at No. 1. It is certified triple Platinum, selling more than 3.9 million units. The “Let It Go” film clip from “Frozen” has been viewed more than 370 million times on YouTube. Anderson-Lopez made her off-Broadway debut at Primary Stages with “In Transit,” a musical performed entirely without accompaniment, inspired by the rhythms and sounds of life on the subway. Lopez is the Tony®-, Grammy®-, and Emmy®- winning co-creator of the worldwide smash hit Broadway musicals “Avenue Q” and “The Book of Mormon.” Together with his wife and collaborator, he co-wrote songs for the feature film “Winnie the Pooh” and “Finding Nemo: The Musical,” a beloved fixture at in Disney’s Animal Kingdom since 2006. Their next project for stage is an original musical called “Up Here,” which will be featured in the La Jolla Playhouse’s 2015-16 season.